We initially use our best guess of a building's energy consumption, available roof space, cost of electricity, solar potential, and available incentives to arrive at an estimate. We then refine the estimate with actual data.
We initially use our best guess of a building's energy consumption, available roof space, cost of electricity, solar potential, available policy incentives and other factors to arrive at a preliminary estimate of a building's financial upside and risk profile. This estimate can be further refined with building actuals and most concretely through a full digital RFP process.
Station A does acknowledge that there are still a number of risks in achieving the forecasted financial benefits of a clean energy project including but not limited to:
- The cost of electricity goes down in the future
- Net metering policy of the utility changes to pay a lower rate for export than for import
- Delays in supply of both materials and labor
- Unexpected interconnection costs / electrical infrastructure upgrades
- Unexpected ground conditions for installing ground-mount or carport